Friday, March 15, 2013

One word.....

~March 16, 2013~
 
 
I came across this website, oneword365.com on a friend's blog.  Wow! I was blown away.  "One word that sums up who you want to be or how you want to live.  One word that you can focus on every day, all year long.", it read.  One word.  I pondered and one word came to mind, "believe", but I continued to think....I could come up with a 'stronger' word than that, right?  Wrong.  Not for me.
I made a list of words:
 
STRENGTH
COURAGE
BELIEVE
PERSERVERE
CONQUER
FOCUS
TRANSCEND
BREATHE
 
If I have strength, I can make it through anything.
If I have courage, I can survive.
(coming back to believe)
No matter what I am faced with, I can persevere.
I can conquer all of my fears and doubts.
If I focus on the goal, I can succeed.
I can transcend into a better version of me.
We all must breathe, right?
 
All the time, 'believe' kept coming back to mind.  You have to believe that you can do all of the things I listed.  Believe, I think that's my word!  So without telling my husband what I was doing, I gave him the same list and asked him to pick only one.  He chose believe.  I asked him why he chose believe, and he responded, "Because if you don't believe, you can't do any of those other things."  Double wow!  Believe is definitely my word!
 
Later that day I found a note my husband had written for me:
 
My word is BELIEVE
 
Meaning:  Accept something as true; feel sure of the truth of.
 
croire en soi- (Believe in yourself) - French
 
Believe is a very strong word.  It takes a lot to believe in something.  The things I believe in the most are:
 
My Faith.
My love for my wife and her love for me.
My love for my kids.
That my wife has made me a better man.
That God has a purpose for us all.
That I can do anything if I have you.
That I was meant to be with you forever.
 
Believe in Yourself! Have faith in your abilities!
"Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy!!!"
 
 
Now, OUR word is BELIEVE!  As I wiped the tears away, I remembered every reason why I loved this man. 
 
I will believe!
 
 
WHAT'S YOUR ONE WORD?
 
 
 
 
Until next time,
Brandi
 
 
P.S.  My amazing friend's blog can be found at flamingozgirlsrun.blogspot.com.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Please feel free to leave comments :)